- 1 1/2 pounds lamb bones
- 1 medium-size onion, peeled and pierced with 1 whole clove
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh celery leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley stems
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- In a stockpot, combine the lamb bones with about 12 cups of cold water, or enough to cover.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and skim off the froth. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat, covered partially, for 2 hours. Strain the broth through a sieve, discarding the bones and the vegetables.
- Allow the stock to cool. Chill the stock in the refrigerator and skim off the fat.
The stock can be frozen for up to 2 months.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.