Corn Dip with Tomatoes and Basil
In-season ingredients (tomatoes, corn, and basil) are the heart of a lime-spiked dip; tofu -- low in saturated fat and cholesterol-free -- makes it creamy.
Return to Healthy Dips Menu
Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- Yield Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- 1 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen kernels
- 1/3 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered, or 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baked white-corn chips (6 ounces)
- Cook corn and milk in a skillet over medium-high heat until corn is tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Puree 2/3 cup corn mixture, the tofu, lime juice, and salt in a food processor; season with pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, and stir in remaining corn mixture, the tomatoes, and basil. Serve with chips.
Dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.