Marinated Mushroom Caps
Meaty vegetables, like portobello mushrooms, can make a light, satisfying dinner, even for those with bigger appetites.
Whole Living, July/August 2011
- Juice of 3 lemons, plus 1 tsp grated zest
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt
- 4 small portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 ear corn, shucked (about 1 cup kernels)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 scallions, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice and zest, oil, garlic, and rosemary. Season with salt. Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down, in a glass baking dish. Pierce each with the tip of a knife. Drizzle with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Soak cashews in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain. Pulse in a food processor with 1/4 cup water until smooth. (Add more water for desired consistency.) Season with salt.
- Spoon cashew puree into mushroom caps. Top with corn, spinach, scallions, and any remaining marinade.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.