Three-Bean Salad with Arugula and Bell Pepper
Whole Living, July/August 2011
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 2 ounces yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 15-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red pepper (jarred), chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Working in batches, blanch haricot verts and yellow wax beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes for each. Transfer to an ice bath. Drain. Cut beans into 1/2-inch pieces; transfer to a bowl.
- Add white beans, red pepper, and arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.