Marinated Vegetable Salad
We recommend taking advantage of fresh peas and corn, since they're both in season. In a pinch, you can always substitute frozen; just thaw and dry before using.
Body+Soul, July/August Summer 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup green beans, stems removed, halved crosswise
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 yellow squashes, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup salted almonds, chopped
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans and carrot until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add peas and corn during the last minute of cooking. Drain. Run under cold water; drain, dry well, and put in a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add squashes; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Place in bowl with drained veggies; add rest of oil, vinegar, mustard, and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper; toss. Top with feta and almonds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.