Get more from your frozen patties by taking a break from the bun. Crumbled or sliced, veggie burgers are healthy meat substitutes in these delicious dishes.
Start with: Boca Burgers
Each recipe calls for 2 Boca patties (or similar). If frozen, let thaw to room temperature before crumbling or slicing.
Quinoa-Boca Stuffed Pepper
1. Cook 1 diced onion and 2 cloves minced garlic in 2 tbsp. olive oil until tender. Add 1 tsp. tomato paste; cook 2 minutes. Add 2 cups diced tomatoes; cook 10 minutes more.
2. Fold in 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1 tsp. lemon juice, crumbled Boca patties, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, 1/3 cup feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour 1/2 cup water into a baking dish and add 4 halved, seeded red bell peppers filled with mixture. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Add 1/3 cup feta, and broil uncovered until cheese is brown.
1. Caramelize 1 sliced onion, 1 sliced poblano chile, and 3 cloves minced garlic in 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat, about 7 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add 2 tsp. chili powder and 1 tsp. ground cumin; cook 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp. tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add 2 cups diced tomatoes; cook 3 minutes more.
3. Add 1/2 cup water and 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro. cook 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Add slices of Boca patties; cook until heated. Serve in tortillas with shredded cabbage.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.