These chocolates -- free of refined sugar and made from whole foods ingredients -- come to us from Portland, Oregon, nutritionist and blogger Andrea Nakayama.
Whole Living, October 2011
- 1/2 cup gently melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup gently melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until they are well integrated.
- Scoop rounded spoonfuls into mini muffin or candy cups. Be sure to get some honey in each scoop so that it doesn't all sink to the bottom.
- Freeze for an hour or until candies are hardened and serve directly from the freezer.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.