Baked Tomatoes, Squash, and Potatoes
This baked riff on ratatouille may look sophisticated, but it's surprisingly simple. Serve it for brunch or at dinner parties -- and save leftovers to eat straight out of the dish by the forkful.
Whole Living, September 2011
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil over medium and cook onion until tender and lightly golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the onion on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Overlap tomato, squash, and potato on top of the onion. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and Parmesan, and drizzle with more oil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 30 minutes more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.