Trout, Tomatoes, and Basil in Parchment
This parchment-baked trout is about as pure as it gets. It's also fast and requires virtually no cleanup.
Whole Living, September 2011
- 4 fillets rainbow trout
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange fillets in the center of parchment rectangles. Season with salt and pepper and top with tomatoes. Drizzle with oil.
- Fold parchment closed and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until fish is cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Top with basil before serving.
TIP For foolproof folding, arrange fillet in the center of a 12-by-16-inch parchment rectangle. Join long sides together and make a few ¼-inch folds to seal. Fold ends (like you’re wrapping a gift) and tuck underneath.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.