Mustard Greens, Shrimp, and Anchovy Pasta
Whole Living, July/August 2011
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 pound short whole-wheat pasta, such as lumache
- 1/2 pound medium tail-on shrimp, cleaned
- 1 bunch mustard greens (8 oz), stems removed, leaves torn into 3-inch pieces
- 3 anchovies, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch red chili flakes
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta has just 30 seconds remaining, stir in shrimp and mustard greens. Cook until shrimp are opaque and greens are vibrant. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return everything to pot.
- Stir in anchovies, lemon zest and juice, and oil. Slowly add pasta water to desired consistency. Season with salt and red chili flakes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.