Crispy Broccoli Rabe, Chickpea, and Fresh Ricotta Salad
Broiling is one of the easiest ways to cook broccoli rabe: The stalks turn bright green and tender and the leaves get nice and crispy. Serve this rich, zesty combo as a warm salad or over pasta for an even heartier dish.
Whole Living, October 2011
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup ricotta, preferably fresh
- Crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat broiler. On two baking sheets, toss broccoli, chickpeas, and garlic with oil; season with salt. Broil 2 minutes, then flip broccoli and continue to broil until leaves are crisp and stems tender, about 2 minutes more. Broil one tray at a time if your oven can't accommodate both.
- Serve topped with ricotta and red pepper flakes.
Add lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.