Shaved Celery Root Salad
A vegetable peeler
is the only tool you need to create
this dish. Celery root has an earthy,
mellow charm (somewhere between
celery and parsley), but fennel would
work nicely here, too.
Whole Living, October 2011
- 3 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium celery root, peeled into ribbons (6 cups)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces smoked mackerel, flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine mustard and lemon
juice. Add oil in a slow, steady
stream, whisking constantly,
until combined. Season with salt
- Toss dressing
with remaining ingredients.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.