Golden Raisin Vinaigrette
Whole Living, October 2011
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 5 teaspoons capers, plus 1 teaspoon caper brine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small pot, bring raisins,
sherry vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water
to a boil. Remove from heat,
cover, and let steep until cool.
Add mustard, capers and brine,
shallot, lemon juice, and cumin.
Pulse in a food processor, adding
oil in a thin stream. (Adjust consistency
by adding warm water
1 tablespoon at a time.)
Vinaigrette can be refrigerated
for up to 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.