Whole-Wheat Linguine and Braised Mushrooms
Whole Living, October 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 cups Braised Mushrooms (http://www.wholeliving.com/147506/braised-mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup water (or low-sodium chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 4 cups Whole-Wheat Linguine (http://www.wholeliving.com/147571/whole-wheat-linguine)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino
- In a large pan over high heat, warm
mushrooms, water (or stock), and thyme, about 30 seconds.
Add linguine and
reserved pasta water. Toss until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper.
Top with Pecorino before serving.
pasta water down
the drain! Adding
even a splash of
cooking water helps
pasta sauce cling
to cooked noodles.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.