Mini Bacon and Cheese Toasts
This recipe comes to us from Kay Gillis Perry of Silver Springs, Maryland.
Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1/2 pound extra-sharp cheddar, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 loaf cocktail bread (rye or pumpernickel), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, combine cheddar, bacon, and onion. Process until a smooth paste forms, and transfer to a small bowl.
- Arrange bread on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake until crisp but not browned, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Heat broiler. Top each toast with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Broil until topping is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.