Emeril's Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making these cookies is a perfect family activity -- the absence of flour means there's no fuss and no muss. Plus, the cookies come together in a snap. Let the kids help measure everything, stir the ingredients together with a spoon, then scoop, roll, press, and bake! Oh yeah, simple never tasted so good.
Everyday Food, March 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Divide dough into 24 portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll each piece between your hands to form a smooth ball. Place dough balls, 1 inch apart, on two ungreased baking sheets. Using a fork, press on dough in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake cookies until puffed and lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheets.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.