Broiled Citrus and Cranberries
After a rich, filling meal, indulge in something simple and fresh. Broiling caramelizes the sugar-dusted citrus and gives this winter fruit salad a sophisticated feel. The cranberries deliver a tart punch and cleanse the palate.
Whole Living, 11 November 2011
- 1 tangerine, peel and pith removed, sliced or segmented
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peel and pith removed, sliced or segmented
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed, sliced or segmented
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Heat broiler. Divide fruit among four shallow ovenproof ramekins. Sprinkle with sugar. Transfer ramekins to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil, rotating once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.