Cranberries make these muffins a
bit tart; sliced almonds add some crunch
and heart-healthy unsaturated fat.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield Makes 16
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour <a href="http://www.bobsredmill.com" target="_blank"> bobsredmill.com</a>
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coarse salt
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16 cups of
two 12-cup muffin tins with baking cups,
and lightly coat each with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, flours, baking soda,
and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk
together milk, yogurt, eggs, and orange zest
and juice in a medium bowl. Fold milk
mixture into flour mixture, then gently fold
in cranberries until combined.
- Spoon batter into baking cups until each
is three-quarters full. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the
center of each comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Transfer pans to wire racks, and let
cool for 10 minutes. Turn out muffins onto
racks, and let cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.