Gluten-Free Corn-Grape Muffins
If you can't find the specialty flours and
starches at your grocery store, you can get
them at bobsredmill.com.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup
muffin tin with baking cups, and lightly
coat each with cooking spray.
- Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl. Fold buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture, then
gently fold in 1 cup grapes until combined.
- Spoon batter into baking cups, filling
each three-quarters full. Top with remaining
1/2 cup grapes, and sprinkle with remaining
tablespoon sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted
into the center of each comes out
clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer pan to a
wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes. Turn
out muffins onto rack. Let cool completely.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.