Steamed Broccoli and Squash with Tahini Sauce
Detox Cred: With its special trio of phytonutrients (health-promoting organic compounds), broccoli helps promote and regulate the elimination of toxins from our cells. Steaming the cruciferous vegetable may be the best preparation technique -- research shows it helps lower your cholesterol even more than raw.
Whole Living, January/February 2012
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 1 Delicata squash, sliced and seeded
- 1 cup mixed tender greens
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Tahini Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Steam broccoli florets until bright green and tender, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Steam squash until bright yellow and tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss greens, cabbage, and red onion. Top with steamed vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.