Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots
Detox Cred: This tangy raw slaw is supremely cleansing. The apple-cider vinaigrette may help lower cholesterol and blood-glucose levels. Earthy hemp seeds deliver protein and healthy fats. Use them throughout the plan in salads, soups, and smoothies.
Whole Living, January/February 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, and apple-cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, parsley, and red onion with sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.