Breakfast Vegetable-Miso Soup with Chickpeas
Detox Cred: Find a few minutes in the morning to sit down and slowly enjoy a comforting soup. It will help set a mindful tone for the day and also get your digestion moving. Miso contains beneficial bacteria and zybiocolin, which help eliminate free radicals from the body.
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- Yield Makes 4 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- Coarse salt
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, celery, and carrots until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and chickpeas; cook about 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Dissolve miso in 2 tablespoons cool water and stir into soup. Season with salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.