Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts
Detox Cred: Pile your plate with healthy dark leafy greens. Kale, which boasts a cool 45 flavonoids (plant pigments that promote antioxidant activity in the body), helps lower cholesterol as effectively as some prescription drugs.
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 bunch kale, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1/2 fruit)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Rub kale with olive oil, lime juice, and ginger until well coated.
- Add pomegranate seeds, red onion, and walnuts and toss. Season with coarse salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.