Roasted Winter Vegetables with Cannellini Beans
Detox Cred: Try to add one more vegetarian entree to your diet each week. Eating more plant-based meals has been proven to lower your weight, cholesterol, and blood pressure. Brussels sprouts contain compounds that trigger the production of detoxifying enzymes in the liver.
Whole Living, January/February 2012
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained cannellini beans
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss leek, garlic, rutabaga, parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts with olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in beans.
- Roast until beans are crisped, about 5 minutes more. Toss vegetables with 1 teaspoon vinegar and drizzle with oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.