Scrambled Tofu with Collards and Turmeric
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 collard green leaves, stems removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces firm tofu (preferably organic), drained and crumbled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, turmeric, and ginger until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in collard greens and 2 tablespoons water and cook until greens are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.