Classic Omelet with Spinach-Basil Pesto
If things don't turn out exactly as planned when cooking an omelet, don't fret. Broken omelets make great scrambled eggs.
Whole Living, March 2012
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon <u>Spinach-Basil Pesto</u>
- Preheat an 8-inch pan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add oil and swirl to coat. Season eggs with salt and pepper and pour into pan.
- Cook, occasionally tilting pan and lifting up set egg. Cook until omelet is just set, 3 to 4 minutes (be careful to not let the bottom brown).
- Spread half the omelet with pesto and flip over other side. Continue to cook until pesto is warm, about 30 seconds more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.