Roasted Sweet Peppers and Carrots with Orange and Hazelnuts
Fresh slices of citrus give a jolt of energy to roasted peppers and carrots while also complementing their natural sweetness. Goat cheese adds a satisfying creamy tang, but sherry vinegar is the real secret weapon here, bringing out the floral notes of the fruit.
Whole Living, March 2012
- 2 small orange bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 medium carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1 clementine, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle peppers and carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Arrange roasted carrots and peppers with the citrus on a platter. Top with crumbled goat cheese and hazelnuts. Whisk vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.