Kale Dip with Snap Peas
Go beyond the usual salads, stir-fries, and smoothies and try this supercharged leafy green blended into a dip.
Whole Living, April 2012
- Yield Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Pinch red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and season with salt. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth. Season with pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook peas until bright green and tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to an ice-water bath; drain. Serve with dip.
Dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.