Chocolate-Apricot Nut Bars
Making your own bars is surprisingly easy; this version requires less than 10 minutes of prep. Experiment with your favorite dried fruits and nuts. For snacking on the run, wrap bars individually in parchment.
Whole Living, April 2012
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- Pulse apricots, almonds, 1 tablespoon coconut, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until finely ground.
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving an inch overhang on all sides. Transfer mixture to pan and press firmly to form a rectangle.
- Use parchment overhang to remove from pan. Drizzle mixture with chocolate and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Transfer to refrigerator and leave until firm, about 15 minutes. Slice into six bars.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.