Carrot-Spinach Soup with Dill
Make the base and then simply add fresh greens and herbs each time you serve.
Whole Living, May 2012
- Yield Makes three 3-cup servings
For the Big Batch
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 carrots, diced (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
For Each Serving
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a pot over medium heat, cook onion in oil until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in carrots, turmeric, and salt. Add 10 cups water, bring to a boil, then simmer, 30 minutes. Add beans and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, fill a bowl with spinach and dill. Ladle 3 cups hot soup over greens, cover with a plate, and let steep 5 minutes. Add lemon juice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.