Vegetable Garden Linguine
Whole Living, May 2012
- 1 large head fennel, quartered, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 mild chiles, such as Anaheim, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 10 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- Heat broiler. Arrange fennel and chiles on one rimmed baking sheet and tomatoes and onions on another. Toss each with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt. Broil 3 minutes, then toss and continue broiling until vegetables are tender and charred in spots, about 2 minutes more. Transfer vegetables and pan juices to a bowl.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, drain, and return to pot.
- Add vegetables, Parmesan, and reserved water. Stir in basil and remaining oil and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.