Sunny-Side-Up Egg and Baby-Spinach Flatbread
It's as simple as it looks, but there's nothing one-dimensional about this ingenious 15-minute dish. Swap in whatever greens (watercress, arugula) or flatbread (tortilla, naan, pita) you have on hand. Prefer it zesty? Add some hot sauce.
Whole Living, May 2012
- 1 (10-inch) whole-wheat flatbread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/8 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush flatbread with 1 tablespoon oil. Toss spinach and onion with remaining oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Mound mixture on flatbread and bake 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs over spinach, season with salt and pepper, and bake until eggs are just set, 6 to 7 minutes more.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.