Sharp Cheddar and Tomato Burgers
Whole Living, June 2012
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat buns, grilled
- 4 slices sharp cheddar
- 8 basil leaves
- Drizzle tomato slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat, turning, until juicy and charred in spots, about 5 minutes.
- Top bun bottoms with cheese and grill, covered, until just melted, about 1 minute. Top with grilled tomatoes and garnish with basil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.