Who says only meats need apply? Barbecue a salad -- down to the polenta croutons.
Whole Living, June 2012
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 log (18 ounces) prepared polenta
- 1 halved head romaine
- 1 quartered head radicchio
- Whisk mustard, vinegar, shallot, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Slice polenta into thirds lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill polenta until lightly charred, 2 minutes per side, then cut into croutons. Drizzle romaine and radicchio with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill lettuces, cut sides down, until slightly wilted and charred, about 1 minute. Arrange greens and croutons on a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.