Spicy Zucchini Frittata
Put away the hot sauce: This Southwestern take on an Italian favorite packs its own heat. Corn kernels add sweetness and textural flair.
Whole Living, July/August July/August 2012
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Coarse salt
- 8 large eggs
- Heat broiler. In a medium ovenproof (preferably cast-iron) skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and jalapeno, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and corn and cook until tender, about 7 minutes more. Season with salt.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pour into skillet with vegetables. Cook until sides are just beginning to set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and broil until just set in the middle and lightly golden and puffed on top, 2 to 3 minutes.
The Mild Side
Prefer less heat? Remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.