Roasted Beet and Hummus Sandwich
- 1 medium beet, scrubbed, greens removed
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Roast beet: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss beet with oil in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and roast until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel skin and slice.
- Spread hummus on bread. Top one slice toast with beet slices, feta, and arugula. Top with second slice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.