Chicken Salad with Apricots and Almonds Sandwich
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced chives
- 2 Tbsp dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 slices seeded wheat bread, toasted
- 3 to 4 leaves lettuce
- Make the chicken salad: Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. When water boils, reduce heat, add chicken, and simmer until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, chives, apricots, and almonds. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Top one slice toast with lettuce and 1/2 the chicken salad mixture. Top with second slice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.