Poached Salmon and Asparagus Sandwich
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz fillet wild salmon, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- 1 6-inch whole-grain baguette, sliced and toasted
- 3 steamed asparagus stalks, halved lengthwise
- 1 lemon wedge
- Bring a medium saucepan of well-salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Season fish with salt and pepper and add to water. Cook at a low simmer until fish is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Flake into pieces.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted baguette. Top one slice of the baguette with salmon, asparagus, and juice of the lemon wedge. Top with second slice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.