Roasted Tomatoes and Mozzarella Sandwich
- 1/2 pint (5 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 slices (1 oz) fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 whole-wheat bagel
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Roast tomatoes: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange tomatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes begin to burst, 20 to 25 minutes. Scrape tomatoes and any juices into a bowl and let cool.
- Heat broiler. Place mozzarella on sliced halves of bagel and broil until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Top with roasted tomatoes and arugula.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.