Black Bean Wrap
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 6-inch whole-wheat wrap
- 2 Tbsp low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 3 to 4 slices pickled jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare beans: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute garlic and shallot until tender, about 5 minutes. Add oregano and beans (with their liquid) and bring to a boil. Mash beans with the back of a wooden spoon and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup beans on wrap. Layer with cottage cheese, avocado, jalapenos, and cilantro. Fold wrap to seal.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.