Beets and Kale with Creamy Tofu Dressing
Whole Living, September 2012
- 1 pound beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 tablspoons lemon juice
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby kale or thinly sliced kale leaves (2 ounces)
- 2 tablspoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap beets tightly in parchment-lined foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then remove skins and slice into rounds. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree tofu, lemon juice, anchovies, and garlic until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil until combined. Season with salt.
- Arrange beets on a platter and top with kale. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablspoons dressing and top with Parmesan.
Dressed to Thrill
Even the vegetable-averse will go for hearty greens and beets topped with a creamy blend of tofu, lemon, garlic, and anchovy. Leftover dressing makes a great dip for crudites.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.