Stuffed Peppers with Wild Rice and Hummus
For a mild kick, sub in poblanos for the bell peppers.
Whole Living, October 2012
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red-pepper flakes
- 2 halved small bell peppers (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix 2 cups cooked wild rice, 1 cup hummus, 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts, and 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley. Season with coarse salt and red-pepper flakes.
- In a baking dish, arrange 2 halved small bell peppers (seeds removed) cut sides up. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and season with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide rice mixture among peppers.
- Cover with parchment-lined foil and bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cook until topping is slightly crisp, about 10 minutes more. Garnish with more chopped toasted walnuts and parsley.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.