Nothing but fruit: These thin slices will need a couple of hours in the oven to dry out and firm up, but it's a mostly hands-off affair -- you'll just need to flip them halfway through.
Whole Living, October 2012
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield Makes about 40 chips
- 2 apples, sliced crosswise 1/8-inch thick, seeds removed
- Heat oven to 225 degrees. Arrange apple slices on two parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Flip, then continue baking until crisp, about 1 hour more. Remove and let cool completely. Chips keep, stored in an airtight container, 1 week.
Sweeter apples, such as Gala, Honeycrisp, and Pink Lady, really shine in this snack.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.