Toasted Muesli with Millet, Coconut, Pistachios, and Cranberries
We love this mixture in a parfait with sheep's yogurt and fall fruits.
Whole Living, October 2012
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole millet
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over millet, cover with a plate, and let sit until softened, 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine drained millet, oats, pistachios, and coconut flakes.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey, oil, and salt to a boil. Pour over millet mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until golden, about 20 minutes. Once cool, stir in cranberries. Muesli keeps, stored in an airtight container, two weeks.
Make It Your Own
This whole-grain cereal is good for instant breakfasts and portable snacking. The pistachios can be swapped out for hazelnuts, dried cherries -- even dark chocolate.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.