Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Oat Crumble
Why relegate sweet potatoes to the dinner table? This multi-textured delight, which can be baked the night before, tastes just right in the morning.
Whole Living, November 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch coarse salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes, and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine oats, almonds, syrup, oil, and salt and transfer mixture to a baking sheet, spreading out flat. Bake crumble, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Split sweet potatoes with a knife and top with crumble.
We also like this spud in the morning with a poached egg and Parmesan or pomegranate seeds and orange zest.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.