Lamb Meatballs with Harissa
Whole Living, November 2012
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted (1 1/2 oz)
- 2 pitted dates, plumped in water, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2/3 cup cooked couscous
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients up to oil and form mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. (Refrigerate up to one day.)
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and cook meatballs, turning, until golden brown and cooked through, about 9 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with Harissa.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.