Caramelized Sesame Chickpeas
Whole Living, December 2012
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until dry, about 45 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk honey, oil, and 1 tsp salt. Season with pepper. Add chickpeas and toss until coated. Return chickpeas to baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roast, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
Chickpeas can be stored in an airtight container up to one week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.