Whole Wheat Seeded Crackers
Whole Living, December 2012
- Yield Makes four 10-by-4 1/2-inch crackers
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Assorted toppings, such as flaky sea salt; freshly ground black pepper; and sesame, poppy, fennel, and caraway seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, seeds, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in oil and 6 to 8 Tbsp water and knead until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into quarters and pat each one into a rectangle. Roll into a 10-by-4 1/2-inch rectangle 1/8-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix honey with 3 tsp water and brush over crackers. Prick crackers several times with a fork and sprinkle with desired toppings. Bake, rotating once, until crackers are golden brown and crisp, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool completely.
Crackers can be stored in an airtight container up to five days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.