Kale Slaw with Carrots and Peppers
This tangy raw slaw is supremely cleansing. The apple-cider vinaigrette may help lower cholesterol and blood-glucose levels. Earthy hemp seeds deliver protein and healthy fats. Use them throughout the plan in salads, soups, and smoothies.
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
- 1 peeled and julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine kale and cabbage, carrot, parsley, onion, and sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.