Sesame Kale Salad
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, juices, ginger, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss kale, cabbage, carrot, quinoa, red onion, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Slice greens and cook quinoa and store separately for up to 2 days. Toss with dressing before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.